Season 9 of Fortnite just got it’s latest and possibly the last update. This update is the fifth update even though it is the v9.40. Previously, v9.30 update came out twice, the first one being the patch update, the next one was the content update. That’s why v9.40 patch update is the fifth update.
This update, unfortunately vaults both the Epic and the Legendary variants of Suppressed Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle while unvaulting the Rare, Epic, and Legendary Variants of Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle. On the other hand, the newest weapon addition to the Fortnite weapon arsenal is something that we’re familiar with.
In the previous Fortnite Battle Royale patch update, a few of the shotguns have been vaulted, leaving a space for more shotguns to be either vaulted or added to the game. The patch update v9.40 brings in the New Tactical Shotgun!
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants
- Holds 8 shells
- Headshot multiplier : 2.25
- Fires up 1.5 shots per second.
- Can be found from Chests, Floor Loot, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, and Loot Carriers.
While the new Epic and Legendary Tactical Shotgun sounds strong, Combat Shotgun has seen nerf.
- Headshot multiplier has reduced to 1.5 from 1.75
- Long-range effectiveness has been reduced.
- Falloff curve ranges have been dropped to
- 2.44 tiles (untouched)
- 19.53 tiles to 11.72 tiles
- 9.77 tiles to 6.84 tiles
- 4.88 tiles to 4.39 tiles
- The above changes are to reduce its long-range effectiveness and alter the curve to fall a bit more in line with other weapons in the same class