Gifting was available for players for one week after the release of a 6.31 patch update. Players could gift their friends anything that was in the shop. There was one minor problem for Epic Games though. Gifting wasn’t available on iOS devices because of the Apple policies. For a short period of time, players could have another option other than purchase items. Upon selecting an item in the shop, if a player wanted to gift, they had to click the button saying Buy As A Gift. From there the player could select the recipient and send the item as a gift. It was very simple but there were some rules and important things to know about gifting.
- 2FA had to be enabled to send a gift. This was another way to promote Epic’s security measures for Fortnite accounts. If you don’t know what 2FA(two-factor authentication) is and how to enable it, click here for the instructions. After activating this feature for the safety of your account you will also get free rewards from Epic Games.
- To send a gift, players had to be friends with for at least 48 hours.
- Players can send only three gifts in 24 hours.
- Only available items are eligible to be sent as a gift.
- None of the gifts are refundable.
- Also, players who didn’t want to receive any gifts could disable this feature from their account settings.