It’s December and time for another season of Fortnite to end. It’s cold, snowy and chilling but Epic’s plans for Season 7 are enough to keep you warm for a while. There are a few new features that are coming along with the seasonal update.
Players now are able to style their vehicles and weapons with Wraps that can be unlocked through progress in the Battle Pass of this season.
This brand new vehicle addition the game deserves the most credit. Now you can take the skies with the Stormwing Plane. This little guy will help you get out of the storm quickly while providing you a machine gun attached to it.
Outside of these two brand new additions, there have been many changes in map and performance. As far as the map updates go, we got ourselves a new biome and some new locations.
- New Biome: Iceberg
- New Locations: Frosty Flights, Polar Peak, Happy Hamlet
- Some other unnamed POI’s(Points of Interest) also appeared in the map.
- New ziplines can be found around the iceberg and Expedition Outposts.
- Increase in the chances of final circles ending edges of the map.
Improvements in the Performance are,
- Optimized spawning pickups when a player is eliminated.
- Optimized the performance of the Dynamite fuse.
- Switch audio performance improvements falling sounds no longer hitch.
- Minor Switch rendering optimizations to help general FPS.
There have been some fixes in Audio as well,
- Reduced the volume of bullet and pickaxe impact audio on the starting island.
- Added a hit notification audio when a vehicle you’re riding receives damage.
Also, the long-awaited creative mode finally launched with Season 7. Players who own Battle Pass are now able to have access to the game mode exclusively a week prior to the final release. For those of you that don’t know about the game mode, it’s essentially like the creative mode in Minecraft. Players will be able to create their own game modes and battle eachother in the map designed by themselves. Here is the trailer for Season 7 below.